Sunday, October 10, 2010

Open Culture

I came across this website, which looks just plain awesome:

http://www.openculture.com/

And then I started thinking about how I got there.  And I realized:
1. I posted, on facebook, a photo of my sister after having completed the marathon.
2. A friend commented, on facebook...so I looked at her profile.  She had
3. Posted a video, on facebook, of Grover (yeah, from Sesame Street), apparently promoting the word 'on.'
4. I was confused. I had to go to YouTube to read the comments, because this video made no sense to me.
5. A couple pages of comments in, I realized Grover was parodying the Old Spice man! Genius! So of course, I
6. Started watching the Old Spice commericals.  They are hilarious. Am I the last person to realize he was making videos PERSONALLY responding to Tweets? I watched his response to Ellen DeGeneres and laughed out loud.
7. I clicked on a related video...Old Spice Man's response to Alyssa Milano...then I realized, there were several responses to Alyssa Milano!  As it turns out, they had quite the interchange.  So I,
8.  Hopped over to AM's Twitter feed to see if this was recent or if there were any other interesting tidbits.  She linked to a video of Johnny Depp reading Hunter S. Thomspon letters.  That was on Open Culture.

Thanks, interwebs!

No comments:

Post a Comment